EquiTeam is expanding! With the help of the Memorial Health Fund, EquiTeam is excited to announce that we have received a grant for $37,445 for our Military Services Program. The Memorial Health Fund, a supporting organization of York County Community Foundation, improves the complete physical, mental and social well-being of the residents of York, Pennsylvania and its surrounding communities. This grant will enable EquiTeam to offer Neurofeedback in addition to Equine Assisted Psychotherapy to military personnel, combat veterans, and families. With the $37,445 EquiTeam will be able to purchase and train on the NeuroOptimal V.2.0 Machine to provide veterans and families skills to heal the wounds caused by war.
For more information, click here for our press release and continue to check back for new updates via the website and Facebook @EquiTeamSupportServices @YorkCountyCommunityFoundation!
EquiTeam Support Services is a non- profit, outpatient therapy organization, providing therapeutic services to residents of York County and surrounding areas that are seeking mental health wellness as well as emotional and behavioral stability.
EquiTeam use horses (NOT RIDDEN) as part of our professional team, hence providing Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Assisted Learning (EAL).
Clients will learn about themselves and others by participating in activities with the horses, and then processing (or discussing) with our mental health professional, feelings, behaviors and patterns. EAP/EAL is a powerful and effective approach that has an incredible impact on its participants.
The horses are an integral part of our therapeutic team. The horse is amazingly perceptive and will give you an immediate reaction to any situation. Your reaction to the horse, and its reaction to you will "show" you how to better communicate and interact with others to accomplish your personal goals.
Our mission is to provide a professional team to assist in improving the personal health and well-being of individuals, families and groups through interaction with the horse as teacher and guide: facilitating self- motivation, communication and expression.
EquiTeam Support Services utilizes the EAGALA (Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association) model. EquiTeam is one of only eleven organizations in more than 700 EAGALA programs worldwide to be awarded the Distinguished Program Member recognition by EAGALA.
EquiTeam is an EAGALA Military Services Provider.
For more information, please visit their website: www.eagala.org
- EAGALA Model Equine Assisted Psychotherapy - for individuals, families, children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral difficulties in the home, workplace/school and community settings
- Dyadic Development Psychotherapy (DDP) - Specialized treatment for children diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) / Attachment Disorganization
- EAGALA MILTARY SERVICES Equine Assisted Psychotherapy/Learning - addressing the needs of our military and members of their families. Combat related PTSD, TBI, Moral Injury, Military Sexual Trauma, Addictions, Anxiety, Transitions
- EAGALA Model Equine Assisted Learning - Group therapy. School groups, juvenile probation, residential facilities and organizations
- EAGALA Model Equine Assisted Learning - Personal Wellness and Development
- Equine Assisted Learning for children on the Autism Spectrum and their families (utilizing the Horse Boy Method)